15 September 2008

That's not supposed to happen.

Sooo....really rough morning. It totally didn't go how I wanted it to.

I had a "blackout attack" today.

I'm not sure what happened really...the last thing I remember is being in the elevator.
But I certainly wasn't in the elevator.

I blacked out, and left campus. I guess at about the parking garage I got out of my chair, the school patrol officer found it.

I was told that I was found about two blocks from the school. When I came around there were firefighters next to me. They had me on oxygen and they had checked my blood sugar, I can tell from the bruise on my finger. They were talking to me, and I was able to answer a few questions, but it's all really fuzzy. They took me to Mary Bridge, which is good. No IV, nothing more than putting me on monitors.

Mom and Dad came and we talked about the CD diagnosis with the doctor....he was being silly I think. He said that the nail/hair thing is "absolutely part of CD. I see it all the time" Funny thing is it's impossible to find any journal/article/study saying that nails falling off can happen with CD. It just doesn't make sense how seemingly perfectly healthy nails can come off just because I'm stressed. And if he sees it all the time, why are there no write ups about it. Isn't that something you'd want to share??

And we figured out that I have blackout attacks anytime my meds change.

I'm just confused. And tired, really really tired. I'm gonna go take a nap.

TTFN
-Bri

No comments: