30 October 2008

Did they really do that?

Well, yeah, they did.

At the Pep Assembly today, some of the teacher's danced. With 'things on wheels'.
It was.....awkward. One of the teachers did a cartwheel...good job to her.

The other dance groups were awesome!

And the drum line?? Amazing. Plus I give them props for being able to distract a gym full of high school students while a girl was being taken out of the bleachers by Medics and FF's. (It wasn't even me!!) There was totally some symbol action going on. Very cool.

And once again, I haven't had an attack today!! And I made it to all my classes, and now I have a 3 day weekend to look forward to.

I do have some homework to do though. Bleh. I'll do it tomorrow. I wanna be lazy right now.

I went to the doc's today after school for my ear. It's felt really full, like something was pressing on my ear drum from the inside for the last few days. Turns out it's actually from the cold I had earlier this week.

So you have this tube that goes from your lower throat to your middle ear. It's called the Eustachian tube. When pressure from outside raises, the Eustachian tube opens and air flows through it to equalize the pressure. That's why your ears 'pop' with changes in altitude.

When I got sick, that area at the back of my throat/nose got inflamed, blocking the Eustachian tube, so it can't open and equalize. It's called ETD, or Eustachian Tube Dysfunction.

So, I have to take Nasonex and use a saline nasal spray once a day to get the swelling to go down. That should make my ear feel better.

Other that that I'm doing good. I was actually excited to see Dr. S...It's the first time in about 2 years I've had to go to the doctor's for something completely unrelated to the attacks. And it was good to be able to let him know how I'm doing.

So. Good day. I'm out.

TTFN
-Bri

No comments: