05 February 2009

Good music

I was reintroduced to Anberlin today thanks to Ashy's Mp3 player.
I especially enjoy the song "Paperthin
Hymn". One verse is as follows.

"August evenings
Bring solemn warnings
To remember to kiss the ones you love goodnight

You never know what temporal days may bring
So laugh, love, live free and sing
When life is in discord
Praise ye the lord"

Taylor Swift's songs "The Best Days" and "Change" are both awesome, actually I love both of her CD's
, but anyhoo. These are the lyrics.

Taylor Swift, "Change"

"And it's a sad picture;
The final blow hits you
Somebody else gets what you wanted again,
You know it's all the same,
Another time and place,
Repeating history and you're getting sick of it

But I believe in whatever you do,
And I'll do anything to see it through...

Chorus:
Because these things will change,
Can you feel it now?
These walls that they put up to hold us back will fall down,
It's a revolution,
The time will come for us to finally win,
And we'll sing
Hallelujah
We'll sing
Hallelujah
Oh

So we've been outnumbered,
Threatened and now cornered,
It's hard to fight when the fight ain't fair,
We're getting stronger now,
find things they never found,
They might be bigger,
but we're faster and never scared.

You can walk away say "We don't need this"
But there's something in your eyes
says "We can beat this"

Chorus:
'Cause these things will change,
Can you feel it now?
These walls that they put up to hold us back will fall down,
It's a revolution,
The time will come for us to finally win,
And we'll sing
Hallelujah
We'll sing
Hallelujah
Oh

Tonight we'll stand,
Get off our knees,
Fight for what we've worked for all these years,
and the battle was long,
It's the fight of our lives,
When we stand up,
Champions tonight

It was the night things changed,
Can you see it now?
These walls that they put up to hold us back...fell down,
It's a revolution,
Throw your hands up, 'cause we never gave in,
And we'll sing
Hallelujah
We sang
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Yeah"

And some from "The Best Days"

"I don't know why all the trees change in the fall
I know you're not scared of anything at all
Don't know if Snow Whites house is near or far away
But I know I had the best day with you today


I have an excellent father
His strength is making me stronger.....
I grew up in a pretty house
And I had space to run
And I had the best days with you


Now I know why all the trees change in the fall
I know you were on my side even when I was wrong
And I love you for giving me your eyes
Staying back and watching me shine
And I didn't know if you knew so I'm taking this chance to say
That I had the best day with you today"



=) Good music can change my day!

TTFN

~
Bri

No comments: