26 August 2008

Music Therapy

I love music. I love the way how, no matter what, in an instant it can change your mood. Maybe it makes you happy, maybe sad, or angry.

But honestly, I can't think of anything else that has that power over me. The way the notes and lyrics work together to change my emotions, like an artist erasing his work to start over again.

I truly believe that a song has saved me before. From the pain of breaking up with my boyfriend of 7 months, from the loneliness and hopelessness of when I feel so depressed because of the attacks, from doing something utterly stupid (don't ask).

And again, I don't know anything else that has that power over me.

I live my life to the fullest, and music is helping me get there!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Bri - kid, we all do stupid things. It's not about what we do as much as the lessons we learn from them. As for music, I'm totally with you. It's a wonderful way to reflect my emotions or it can work as a tool to help me change the way I'm feeling.

Thanks for updating your blog. I'm waiting for more updates!

:o) Laura