26 November 2009

Long overdue


This post has been long overdue. And, a LOT has happened since my last post.

Health:

-My meds were updated to 20mg from 15mg. I was having such a hard time staying awake in school, and at home. I was getting about 14 hours of sleep a day, just not at the right times.

-I've recovered from the LP issues. The back strain and headache went away about a week after the LP. I'm doing much better now!

-We're still waiting for the results from the LP, hopefully those will come soon.

School:

-I hit a rough patch in my grades for a while. They dropped to 3 E's and 3 C's, which is NOT normal, because of the sleep problems at school. I'm finally doing better, and they've picked up to 3 A's and 3 C's.

-I have my new para. She's absolutely wonderful.

-I've been able to get out of my chair during lunch each day for the last 3 days. It's very helpful to get that exercise in.

I have a doggy!!! Her name is Tessie, she's 40 lbs, and 18 inches tall. For the last 3 months we've been communicating with a local Australian Shepard breeder to get a puppy. We were planning on training this puppy into a service dog.
When we contacted them, the breeder told us that she had a dog available that was 2 years old, trained, and able to pick things up. We looked into this dog, and on Sunday we went and picked her up! We're doing a 2 week trial, but I don't think there is anything that could make her not work! She's so well behaved, and doing everything we needed/wanted.



So yeah. That's SOME of the stuff that's been going on.

Oh! Saturday we were able to go to Trans-Siberian Orchestra thanks to Starlight Children's Foundation. We had a BLAST! Except, I fell asleep. At the concert. In the middle of a number. If you've ever been or heard about them, you'd know how hard that is. Yet, I was tired.

*sigh*

Oh So Excited for Tessie!!

Bye for now,
~Bri

No comments: