07 December 2010

Update: School

Okay...where to start?

Since I last posted, a lot of stuff has changed education-wise.

First, I started at NP, an alternative school in my district. Things seemed to be working out there. The classes were small, and I was on track to graduate. The work was independent, which I like, but I also missed my friends from FP. I was only in school on campus two afternoons a week, and even with that, I was having a hard time managing making it through the day, if I even made it to school.

So...I started thinking again about my other options. I knew I could just struggle through the year, but I don't thinks that's whats best for me health wise. So I looked into getting my GED.

For me, it is an internal struggle. I have worked SO hard over the last 4 years to be able to graduate with a class (forget MY class, I just wanted to walk) but even that seems too far out of reach right now. But the more I think about it, the more I realize that it's not that I'm giving up. I'm taking steps to finish my education. Can it make getting a job in the future harder? Yes. Can it make getting into a college harder? Yes. But I don't feel like the stress is good for my body. I don't want to have to "just push through" this year. I want to feel accomplished when I get my certificate saying I completed my high school education, whether that's a GED or diploma.

So that's where I am as far as school is concerned.

More to come...

~Bri

No comments: